Just to catch you all up, we’ve been talking about a great product from Jules of the Earth, her All In One Facial Cleaner And Make-up Remover. We’ve gone over the natural ingredients she uses and the many benefits they offer for your skin. This week we will wrap it up with a look at the last two major ingredients, Pro Vitamin B5 and COQ10.
Pro Vitamin B5
Pro Vitamin B5, which is also known as pantothenic acid, is a member of the family of powerful B-complex vitamins. The way this ingredient work is that it is added to products in its alcoholic form, panthenol and, once applied to the skin, it turns back into pantothenic acid, which has the natural abilities to sooth, heal, moisturise and regenerate our skin.
The Great Hydrator
In personal care products you will find Pro Vitamin B5 listed as d-panthenol, dexpanthenol or dl-panthenol. It is most recognized for its humectant function as a substance that binds water, as well as attracts and retains it. Used as a humectant, it brings stability to the skins barrier function, which helps to lower the amount of water we lose through the skin. It helps to improve the elasticity and softness of the skin, which makes it a great option for skin that feels rough, scaly or really dry.
Heals And Protects
Pro Vitamin B5 is more that just a moisturiser It acts as a natural skin protectant and healer, which offers relief from pain and itchiness, as well as reduces skin redness and inflammation. When Pro Vitamin B5 is used to treat wounds, it has been found to help regenerate tissue, leaving it more elastic and solid.
Its ability to sooth, hydrate heal and protect the skin makes it the perfect ingredient for alleviating skin conditions, such as diaper rash, acne, minor cuts, bed sores, eczema, contact dermatitis, sunburn, insect bites and scrapes.
COQ10, also known as Co-enzyme Q10, is a type of antioxidant that can be found throughout our bodies, with our skin being one of the most abundant sources. Its been well known for its ability to repair and protect the skin. Its been made in 2 forms, as an oral supplement and a topical preparation.
The levels of COQ10 found in our skin rises as we move from childhood to adulthood. It tends to peak between the ages of 20 to 30 and then will slowly diminish as we age. It functions to protect our deeper layers of skin from UV light damage, which can manifest as sagging skin, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and sometimes cancerous lesions.
So, what does this enzyme do for our skin? Let’s have a look:
- Skin energizer – When we are young our skin has ample amounts of COQ10, giving it lots of energy. That energy is what is needed to repair any damage to our skin in order to ensure healthy skin cells.
- Protection against premature ageing – When the skin is over exposed to the sun it causes premature, or photo-ageing.
- Rejuvenates – COQ10 stimulates skin cell activity, which in turn helps the skin to get rid of toxins much easier, allowing it to make better use of the nutrients our skin needs. As we age, these processes tend to slow down, which is what causes our skin to look sallow, wrinkled and dull. Using COQ10 helps to boost these processes and gives the skin a younger appearance.
- Collagen stimulator – COQ10 helps to stimulate the production of collage our skin needs to stay supple. Collagen is a protein that decreases with age and can lead to the skin having a leathery and wrinkled look.
- Potent anti-oxidant – It works to fight against oxidative damage to the skin, which is caused by pollution, stress, UV rays and toxins. All of this damage leads to premature ageing of the skin.
So, there you have it! Both of these great ingredients, and the ones we talked about in the past 2 weeks, are all found in one bottle of Jules of the Earth’s All In One Facial Cleanser and Make-up Remover. With the holidays coming up, it makes a great gift and is a must have to add to your facial regime. With all of the parties we attend during this festive season and the stress of it, it makes a great product to help keep you looking vibrant while gently cleaning the skin and moisturising it.
About the author – Sherry MacBeth is both a website creator and content writer for many blogs and websites. You can find her services and pricing at http://earthspirittarot.com/faeryscribe/